Macro and Darkroom Night, 30th anniversary celebration.
Time & Location
About the Event
On this night we’re officially celebrating our 30th Anniversary and we’ve managed to book Lisa Moore the daughter of David Moore to officially open our new David Moore darkroom. The theme for the night is Macro/Darkroom with a number of our darkroom people exhibiting their work in the mezzanine gallery.
If you’ve done any macro work, bring it along to display on the print stands because we’ve got Phil Ramsden coming to evaluate the work on display as well as giving us a few tips on macro photography. [Phil Ramsden is an accomplished photographer with expertise in macro work. He conducted a very successful workshop at PPP on macro photography some months back]. All images to be displayed on stands by 7:20 pm so that the meeting can commence at 7:30 pm.
Eight PPP members who work in our darkroom are showing some of their work in the mezzanine gallery throughout April.
As well as the usual silver gelatin prints there are carbon, tintype, lith and solarised prints. The more unusual processes are briefly described. The exhibition will be opened on Wednesday, 7 April and will coincide with our new darkroom reopening by Lisa Moore.
If you have an AV on the topic of macro or darkroom, please book this in via the website when you register so that we can do our best to fit them in the program and have your USB stick with the AV on to the computer hutch by 7:20 pm.Due to the huge program we will do our best but can't guarantee tha it will be shown on the night.
And as part of out 30 year celebrations, we’re going to give every member a special momento of the occasion. You won’t want to miss that!
- We will celebrate our 30 year anniversary with a glass of wine or Champagne. (BYO)
- BYO wine, Champagne etc. and also BYO glass and if you’re sharing, bring a glass for a friend. [We can also use the glasses in the kitchen provided they are properly washed, dried and put away]
- Also BYO snacks and only share if it is an individual serve. Cheese blocks with individual toothpicks should be OK, individually wrapped sweets also OK.
- Pre register via our website.
- Scan the QR code on entry to the building. No kissing unless it’s your regular partner.
Due to Covid-19 restrictions, you must register on our website if you are intending to come.
PLEASE CHECK THE CURRENT COVID REGULATIONS ON OUR EVENTS PAGE OR CLICK HERE